Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has given an update with regards to the unfortunate accident that occurred as a moving train rammed into a state bus conveying civil servants to work in the state on Thursday, March 9.
According to the governor, 85 passengers were on board the ill-fated bus. He said six deaths have so far been recorded, 2 were brought in dead while 4 others died at the hospital. He stated that 42 moderate injuries were recorded with 29 serious injuries and 8 mild injuries.
He also announced the suspension of his campaigns for three days and declared half-day work tomorrow, Friday, March 10, for Civil Servants. He also directed all Flags to be raised at Half Mast and declared 3 Days of mourning for the state.
The governor stated that the preliminary investigation shows the accident was caused by the bus driver’s error. He said the driver survived the accident and is now in Police custody
He added that occupants of the bus were mostly Civil Servants and dependents