yazilimweb tasarim
Home / Breaking News / Anambra govt urges citizens to ignore Tuesday’s IPOB sit-at-home order

Anambra govt urges citizens to ignore Tuesday’s IPOB sit-at-home order

The Indigenous People of Biafra has again confirmed Tuesday as a day for sit-at-home in the South-East.

The group said it gave the order following its leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s court proceedings coming up on January 18, 19 and 20, 2022 at the Umuahia High Court.

It said the sit-at-home was for only January 18, while people are free to go about their normal activities on January 19 and 20.

Confirming its stand on the order, the group’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, on Sunday, said, “Following our leader’s upcoming court proceedings on January 18, 19 and 20, 2022, we wish to remind Biafrans  that there will be only sit-at-home on January 18 and not 19 and 20.

“In keeping with our avowed solidarity with our leader, the entire South-East will be on lock down only on January 18 for obvious reasons.”

He said anyone found enforcing sit-at-home on January 17 is a criminal and must be treated as such, saying that IPOB leadership had already cancelled it and it must be obeyed.

The Anambra State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr C-Don Adinuba, told our correspondent on Sunday that the government is not aware of any sit-at-home and that people should ignore it.

Adinuba said despite government’s assurance to the people of adequate security, they have continued to observe the outlawed sit-at-home, saying that there is nothing the government can do as it cannot force the people out.

He said, “Our position and the position of every government in the South-East is that people have to be law-abiding and comply with the law. The government has provided adequate security needed and it is now left for them to go about their normal business but whereby they have refused, the government cannot force them to come out.”

About Dailyblast

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top